mandag 7. januar 2008

What the Heart Already Knows

A few weeks before Christmas I got a surprise in the mail. A packet from a reader of House in the Woods. Tucked in between a handknitted scarf and other goodies was a book, What the Heart Already Knows, Stories of Advent, Christmas and Epiphany by Phyllis A. Tickle. Starting the first Sunday of Advent I have followed the stories one by one till the last one on Epiphany yesterday. Verses from the Bible, reflections and tales from the author's life as a mother of seven living on a farm in Tenessee with her husband. The book is filled with traditions, lived from year to year, right after my heart, told with creative and loving words. This book will follow me for many Christmas seasons to come. Thanks Laura.

We took Christmas down on Saturday, one day early since Epiphany came on a Sunday. All Christmas books are again stored away, and my reading table has a new pile of books waiting to be read.

1 kommentar:

Laura sa...

So glad you enjoyed it! We still have to "put Christmas away," but I couldn't do it until the three kings had traveled all the way across the living room to the creche!