tirsdag 15. januar 2008

Miss Garnet's Angel

I have visited Venezia many times during the past years, and almost every time I go there I read Miss Garnet's Angel by Salley Vickers.

The book is about the old spinster Miss Julia Garnet. After the death of her friend she travels to Venezia for solace. There the life of this old, grey lady is totally challenged. She rents a flat near the church Angelo Rafaele and at once is intriguied by a series of painting in the church showing the apocryph story of Tody and the archangel.

The two stories, the one of Miss Garnet and the one of Toby and his dog, follows each other, and in both nothing is what they seem.

I know I will read this book again on my next visit.

*************************************************

A series of Venezia tales are unfolding in my main blog this week.

Ingen kommentarer: