søndag 20. januar 2008

VENICE a traveller's companion

In October I discovered a small bookshop near the Ghetto in Venezia, where they sell old, English books. I dug deep, deep in my wallet and bought several books there. One of them was Venice, a traveller's companion, selected and introduced by John Julius Norwich.

I have been fascinated by and collected travel litterature for a long time, and with Venezia as one of my favorites places, this book is pure joy. Here we meet Byron, Goethe, Ruskin, Wagner, Casanove, James and alot of others in chapters divided to follow the different parts of venezia; The Doge's Palace, St. Mark's Square, The Rialto......oh, I so much wish to go back.......

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

I love Venice and have to come back to your book blog when I have more time to read about the books you've picked. They all sound so good.

Paz