mandag 21. januar 2008

Used books at Salvation Army

I was in town today and decided to visit one of the Salvation Army's thrift stores, to browse for books. I was there also last week and saw two Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco. Thought about buying one of them for my son, but was too busy. Well, when I came today they were both sold. Alot of "new" used books filled the shelves though, and I found alot I wanted to buy.
Ended up with a Dostojevski for my son, and an old paperback for myself, Elliot Paul's The Last Time I Saw PARIS. A Bantam book printed in 1945, with tempting names of the chapters. Like

- a starway down to antiquity

- to the memory of a secondhand accordion

- excerpts from a series of letters

- a dead man on the sidewalk

........can't wait to eat the first bite.

Ingen kommentarer: