tirsdag 1. januar 2008

Welcome to The Blue Bookshelf

It is Christmas time, and time for reading. I pile of books has followed me during this holiday, and I have enjoyed hours on the magic carpet which has taken me around to visit far away places, far away times.

Staring a reading blog has been on my mind for quite some tiem, but with three other blogs to manage I have been hesitant. Reading is my main pasttime passion though, and our house is filling up with books. A couple of weeks ago my oldest son started a bookblog, and my mind was set. The Blue Bookshelf is my New Year's gift to myself.

This blog will be different from my other blogs. There I always post photos, some days the photos are even the main focus. The Blue Bookshelf will be my personal reading journal, where I, hopefully on a daily basis, discuss, or rather write about, books I read. Links will be given to where you can buy the books yourself if you want to read further on.

As I've already mentioned I always have a pile of books in progress, and a huge variety of different style of books. I will eventually write about them all, but today I want to briefly mention a reread I am doing, Susan Howatch's The Starbridge Sequence. This series consists of historical novels based on the life of the church of England, and the first book,
Glittering Images, takes us to the fictional cathedral Starbridge the years before the Second World War broke out. "Beneath the smoth surface of an episcopal palace lurks the salacious breath of scandal. Charles Ashworth is sent to untangle the web of self-delusion and corruption only to become emboiled in a strange ménage à trois that threatens to expose the secrets of his own past......"

Happy reading!

3 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Dear Britt-Arnhild;
I am sorry that I did not finish reading Emma in the Autumn... somehow it was just not the time for me, however much I love it as a story. However I am loving reading this latest recommendation of yours! I know Salisbury well (my sister works for the Bishop)and Susan Howatches language is enriching...even I am feeling the need of a dictionary every now and again.I have read other books by this author but somehow have not come across this particular series. Thank you and Happy New Year! Gill.

Britt-Arnhild sa...

Hello Gill.
I finished Emma, but I still have several Jane Austen books to read to make the whole list of hers.

This is my second time of reading the Starbridge series and I love it may be even more now than the first time.

Anonym sa...

Congrats on your latest blog. I think it's a great idea to have a Book blog. It will be fun to see what you're reading.

Paz