lørdag 19. januar 2008

The Stones of Venice

Ok, Ok, I know I have talked about Venezia and books from the city of my dreams for a long time. I promise I will soon write about other kind of books, but please jmust give me a couple more days......for this time.
The Stones of Venice by John Ruskin is a must for every lover of Venetian architecture, for every lover of Venezia, for every lover of architecture.
"Obsessed with the city to the point that he considered himself its adopted son, Ruskin abandoned thoughts of his native England and could be seen all over town - here measuring architectural details atop teetering ladders, there arguing with Venetian citizens about the restorative tactics of their city planners. His views on building and restoration have echoed through the centuries and remain critical to an understanding of architacture today."

Ingen kommentarer: