søndag 17. februar 2008

Eat, Pray, Love

Several friends have mentioned this book for a long time, telling me that this is a book I would love. Somehow their words didn't reach me, and I never came around looking for, or buying the book.....untill I saw it at an airport bookstore a few weeks ago and knew at once: Yes, this must be a book for me. Now the book is read and I can agree, both with my friends and with my own knowledge - Yes, this was a book for me.

Eat, Pray, Love, is, just like the title tells, a book in three parts, every part about a new country and the author's experiences there. Italy, India and Indonesia. With several travels already planned this year to Italy, and a three week's travel to India coming up in October/November, my interest was of course fully awaken already when I read the back cover of the book.

The author, Elizabeth Gilbert, has been through a hard divorce and a rather sad love story, and set out for a year in the world to find her inner self again. In Italy she eats, in India she prays and meditates and in Indonesia she finds love. Her months in Italy and Indonesia was qujite interesting reading, the middle part about her long months in India was just a long, boring interlude. Gilbert's writing is easy to follow though, with alot of funny thouches, so all in all I find this a vert good book, easy to recommend.......................and the first part when she lived in Roma for a few months..........In four weeks I'll be back in Roma! I can't wait!

2 kommentarer:

sukipoet sa...

I read this book some time ago. and enjoyed it. i think she was a courageous traveler. And what a miracle to fall in love at the end of the book. Hmm. Nice ending.

Anonym sa...

Someone (a fellow blogger) just sent me this book. It is on my reading list. I can't wait to read it.

Paz