torsdag 24. juli 2008

Travels with Herodotus

Many years ago I saw The English Patient on the cinema. Alot of things caught my interest in the movie, among them a book mentioned: Histories by Herodotus. A few years later I found the book at a local bookstore and bought it, but since then I has been standing safe in my bookshelves. Untill this summer.

A few weeks ago, when I was browsing an airport bookstore I came over
Travels with Herodotus by Ryszard Kapuscinski. The book whistled my song and soon after I sat at the gate reading.

Kapuscinski's book is not an easy read, but still I have enjoyed his travels through several decades, through several continents, always with Herodotus in his rucksack. Travels with Herodotus has been in my bag through my travels so far this summer. I am packing again for another travel, and this time I consider taking with me Histories.

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

I read this, too, and found it jumped from here to there and back again. But I did enjoy his writing.